Monday, July 4, 2011

The Big Day

Early this year the Southampton Rose Society contacted me. They wanted me to design an entry for the Southampton 4th of July parade. This was the 35 anniversary for the Rose Society.

Wendy helps the Rose Girls check out their look before the parade gets started.

We had a caravan of classic cars with Rose Girls as the stars.
There was a nice big banner to tell of the SRS's 35 years of service to the community.
I made the outfits for our "Rose Girls" with great rose beehives, rose pink applique dresses and opera length garden gloves.

Wendy & I walked beside the Rose Girls as tech support in case a fix was needed. All went well.
I got the idea of the rose hats from rose globes I saw at Lord & Taylor. Our rose hats each had more than 24 dozen roses. It seemed that our ROSE GIRLS, Sarah & Ingrid were the hit of the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment