Friday, December 3, 2010

The BIG Duck


The Big Duck is located on RT 24 between Hampton Bays and Riverhead in Flanders, NY. I first visited the duck in the mid 1980's at that time they sold lunch from a kitchen inside the duck. I stopped in and asked for duck, I was told that duck had to be ordered in advance but they had fried chicken. Having my heart set on duck I passed. Later the duck closed, the land was sold and the Duck was going to be torn down to make room for condos. People organized, the duck got moved down the road to safety and became a gift shop selling duckness. The condo project never got going, the land is now a park and the duck is back home. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Robert Lohman,

    I'm writing to you on behalf of KOES Museum for Art in Public Spaces, Denmark.
    We are interested in your photo of 'the big duck' write me back on: ssr@koes.dk and I will tell you more.

    Best regards,
    Sara Ravn
    Exhibition assistant at KOES

    ReplyDelete